"Dreams become miracles after you believe." This quote was written on a clock that Andrew's grandparents gave me. I love this saying, because I believe miracles can happen. The Bible describes how Jesus healed many people. In John 9, the Bible talks about how Jesus healed a blind man by rubbing saliva and mud on his eyes. Then, Jesus told him to walk to the Pool of Siloam and he would be healed. He was healed. Another miracle happened when a sick woman touched Jesus's cloak and was instantly healed.
The other day a wise friend and I were talking about these two miracles in relation to me. I told her that I pray everyday to be healed and I believe it is possible. She told me that she expects me to be healed. She said that I could be like the blind man, who had to walk a ways in order to become healed. Just like him, I may have to overcome some obstacles (like chemo and radiation) to become healed. Or I could already be healed just by believing and asking God, just like the woman who touched his cloak.
I have a lot of life to live. Yes, when someone looks up GBM... it is scary. I'll be honest, i've been sucked into "googling" GBM and couldn't help but feel discouraged and scared. However, I talked to my family and from the start we've said that I am not a statistic... I am a believer in God and I trust that he will take care of me.
Currently I am half way done with chemo and radiation. My last day is November 27th and then I have a month of recovery. Once that month is over I start double the dosage of my chemo for 5 days out of every month for 2 years! It was a shock to me, but whatever it takes to be healthy. Everything is going really well and I feel blessed to have my mom living in Columbus with Andrew and I. One new radiation side effect is that I am losing hair in the areas they are radiating. I feel like a molting chicken! Luckily, i've been spoiled by my parents and Andrew, because they bought me some cute hats! Also, Tarah and Garrett invested in a dozen or so scarves and headbands!
Speaking of losing something, my dad lost about half of his pinky finger last weekend. It was pretty scary when my mom came into the house screaming, "Dad cut his finger off! We're going to the hospital!" I came to find out it was pinched off, rather than cut off. He had surgery this week and is doing well. Please pray he continues to heal!
I would like to thank the Galloway Ridge teachers for making/buying my family and I delicious meals. It helps out so much. Also, thanks to the Perry staff members for the prayer quilt. I loved reading all your messages and verses. Thanks to Laura (my future mother-in-law) and Mary for visiting me this week!
I am thankful for my family and my future in-laws. Thanksgiving is coming soon and I can't wait to give thanks for all the blessings and spending time with my loved ones. I'm so thankful that we have all grown so much closer. Please keep my Uncle Jim and his family in your prayers. He is fighting cancer, as well.
With all my trust in the Lord,
Erica Jacobs
Hi Erica, So happy to hear of your steady progress with your treatments. God is working your miracle. I pray for your healing every day. Looks like I will have to add Terry to my prayer list too! Lots of love, Donna
ReplyDelete